The Commonwealth of Australia owns copyright of all websites owned and administered by the department. This includes text, images, software, logos and icons, sound recordings and HTML code.

Intellectual Property

Apart from any fair dealing or other statutory use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, the terms and conditions of reuse of the material on this website are governed by the following:

  • Commonwealth of Australia permission. You are free to use information available on the HSRA website, provided you comply with the Copyright Act 1968
  • Creative Commons (CC) Attribution 4.0 International licence. Where identified by a CC logo, the material is licensed under CC. You should familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of the relevant licence at in a new tab/window).

The CC logo will also be a clickable link to the CC licence details: in a new tab/window) or in a new tab/window)


Material obtained from all websites owned and administered by the HSRA is to be attributed to HSRA as:

© Commonwealth of Australia

Using the Commonwealth Coat of Arms

The terms under which the Coat of Arms can be used are set out on the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet’s website at in a new tab/window).

Other Terms and Conditions

Where the material is not licensed by the HSRA under an access agreement or CC licence, or where the material is not owned by the HSRA, you should contact the original copyright owner.

Any permitted reproduction of copyright material, including fair dealing, must:

  • acknowledge the relevant rights owner as the source of any such material reproduced; and
  • reference the copyright or licence conditions under which the material is provided on this site.

If you do want to use something in a way that is beyond the scope of the terms of use that apply to it, ask us for authorisation. You could infringe our copyright if you use anything on this website in a way that’s not permitted or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act 1968.

For all requests and inquiries concerning reproduction, rights and authorisation, please contact the HSRA.